8 Steps to Being a Great Working Mom – 5 Tips
- Let go of the guilt of working – it will not impact how your kids turn out.
- Take care of yourself first – you are no good to your family if you don’t.
- Be organized, really organized.
- Don’t be afraid to adjust your job to meet your needs and those of your kids.
- Enjoy your kids – they are wonderful, and you are a great mom!
The book 8 Steps to Being a Great Working Mom gives practical tips and advice to all parents, but especially working moms, about how to juggle the many roles we have in life and feel good about our success as a parent. Each chapter ends with exercises designed to help ensure that the reader can put these tips to use, as well as “Sanity Savers” – key ideas from each chapter. The author, Gretchen Gagel, has held numerous executive positions, is working on her fourth degree, and is the loving mother of two great kids who are college students. But mostly, she is a “Great Working Mom” and wants to help you be one too! A portion of the proceeds from this book support two outstanding nonprofits focused upon helping single working moms, Warren Village in Denver Colorado (www.warrenvillage.org) and Safehouse Outreach in Atlanta (www.safehouseoutreach.org).