- Introduce yourself to the botanical world of herbal medicine. By being an agent for your health through preventative healthcare and well-being, you can save yourself a significant amount of time and money when you are aware of what herbs you can take at the first signs of sickness.
- Drink a cup of tea a day. Teas are an easy and powerful way to nourish your body. A 1 cup overnight herbal infusion of nettle tea has magnesium, calcium, and a slew of other vitamins and minerals that are easy for the body to absorb. This is an excellent herb for women to introduce into their life in a tea blend for optimal nourishment, especially if you find it difficult to cook yourself nourishing meals!
- To get your day off to the right start, spritz your face with a mixture of water and a few drops of lavender essential oil. Aromatherapy directly impacts the nervous system and allows us to feel more relaxed, grounded, and ready to deal with what the day brings you.
- Peppermint essential oil is a wonderful remedy to carry with you at all times. Reduce muscle tension or your children’s bellyaches by rolling on a diluted mixture of peppermint oil in a carrier oil directly onto tense muscles to help relax them, or your child’s stomach to decrease stomach cramps/spasms. This remedy is also amazing for relieving headaches and itchy bug bites.
- Take a walk outside! Surrounding yourself with nature through frequent walks will help you to clear your mind and make you more effective in your work, get a better sleep, and connect with your true self. Get to know your local plants while you’re at it as a fun activity to do by yourself or with your children.
I provide hand crafted botanical medicine products, interactive educational workshops, and consultations as a conduit to make health & wellness fun and optimize personal and community well-being. Website: www.bridgetsbotanicalworld.com