Top 5 Skin Care Tips for Healthy, Vibrant Skin
- Live a healthy lifestyle. Get outside (with sunscreen, of course), exercise, eat a well-balanced diet, and don’t forget to get a good night’s sleep.
- Protect the skin you’re in! Make wearing sunscreen a daily habit by using a daily facial moisturizer or a foundation with sunscreen included. Sunscreens should block both UVA and UVB rays and should have an SPF of at least 15 or 30. And never, ever use an indoor tanning bed. The strong UVA rays from indoor tanning devices dramatically increase the risk for melanoma and break down collagen in the skin, leading to premature aging.
- Moisturize your skin from inside and out. Staying well hydrated can dramatically improve the appearance of the skin. Drinking plenty of water helps from the inside and using a moisturizer helps to maintain a healthy glow. Avoid harsh cleansers that strip the natural oils from the skin.
- Make a commitment to perform a monthly self-skin exam and keep an eye out for any changing moles or spots. Commit to do the same for a spouse, friend, or other loved one. If you see something of concern see your dermatologist right away; otherwise, try to see your dermatologist once per year for a skin examination.
- If you want to reverse some of the signs of sun damage such as fine lines or brown spots, talk to your dermatologist about products and procedures that might be right for you from creams at home to lasers in the office.
Colorado Center for Dermatology is a state-of-the-art dermatology practice providing medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatologic care for patients in Colorado.
Matt Mahlberg, MD
Board-Certified Dermatologist & Dermatologic Surgeon
Contact: (303) 761-0907; coloradodermatology.com
Complimentary cosmetic consultation; 10% off Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin