5 Tips To “Kill The Diet” & Lose Weight Forever… Without Pills, Guilt, Or Deprivation
- Take Your Time By “Crowding Out.”
Tackle your weight loss goals slowly and let go of the immediate gratification and from “quick fixes”… because they never last!
Focus on maintaining a healthy way of life forever so you lose weight permanently and never have to diet again. Attempting to eliminate all unhealthy foods you love at once always backfires. Instead, slowly add new 2-4 healthy foods to your diet per week.
You’ll eventually be eating so many new foods that the old, unhealthier foods will have been “crowded out,” because there’s simply not enough hours in the day to eat everything!
- Drink More Water.
Aim for at least half your body weight in ounces per day. Substituting sugar-filled drinks with clean, natural water or even all natural, sugar-free tea is an easy way to cut those “liquid calories‟ from your diet and, ultimately, your waistline.
- Leave a full glass of water on your night table before you go to bed every night.
- Drink the glass of water first thing when you wake up the following morning (even before you get out of bed).
- Drink water at room temperature rather than drinking it cold which makes it easier to drink in large quantities.
- Buy a very large (32 oz.) glass and always keep it filled with fresh water for easy access and so it won’t run out quickly.
- Start slowly. Substitute one soda (or other unhealthy drink) per day with one bottle of water per day, and build up from there!
- You’ll need to “interrupt” your current habits and daily schedule, so take the time to actually write down how and when you plan to add more water into your daily routine.
- Power Up On Mini-Meals!
Aim for a small meal or snack every 2-3 hours, but ensuring it’s actually “small” is crucial, or it can become unhealthy, and you’ll eat far too much.
Here are some examples on how to train yourself to successfully give this a try:
- If you’re having a sandwich for lunch, eat half at lunchtime and the second half two hours later.
- Control portion sizes when eating out. Cut the meal in half as soon as you are served and ask to have the second portion wrapped before you begin eating.
- Use smaller plates at home. Larger, 10 inch plates usually mean more food on your plate. To limit your portion sizes, use smaller, 8-inch dinner plates that won’t allow you to pile on so much extra food.
- Eat more slowly. The best way to train yourself to do this is by putting your utensil down between bites.
Incorporating Mini-Meals is such a simple practice… the challenging part is merely remembering to do it!
- Reduce Your Sugar Cravings!
Most of us are lured in by a favorite sweet treat, but the underlying common culprit in all of these cravings is sugar. The key is to reduce your sugar cravings without driving yourself crazy, without feeling deprived or guilty, and while still enjoying your favorite sugary treats. As this happens, you’ll begin to look and feel better than ever!
Here are some tips to kick those sugar cravings:
- Adding raw, organic apple cider vinegar to your diet works wonders for reducing sugar cravings – and aids in smoother digestion as well. You can add 2 teaspoons to a glass of water and drink this mixture daily, or you can add it to your diet by including it in recipes that call for vinegar, such as salad dressings and sauces.
- Reduce caffeine intake. Caffeine is a stimulant can mess with your body’s balance. What’s more, these ups and downs from caffeine can only make your sugar cravings worse.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables that are naturally sweet, e.g. sweet potatoes, berries, beets, and dark leafy greens can all help.
5. Keep It Up & Get Support!
It’s absolutely critical that you gain a support system to lean on when the road to success becomes tiresome. It will also help keep you accountable.
Two simple possibilities you can explore are to join (or start) a support group, or buddy up with a friend who has similar goals so you can keep each other accountable.
Another option is to get professional help, which is what we do at Tri-Wellness. We can be your guide, coach, mentor, “butt-kicker,” shoulder to cry on, and your biggest supporter on your journey to permanent weight loss and overall health and wellness
Lisa Shanken, Certified Health Coach, Certified Personal Trainer and Healthy Cooking Instructor, helps Busy Moms lose weight – permanently – without diets, deprivation or guilt. Her proven Kill The Diet philosophy teaches nutrition, fitness, and healthy cooking through one-on-one consultation, a growing online membership community, and her proven Kill The Diet 10 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- $37 for 3 month membership (normally $81 – 54% Discount)
- $97 for 1 year membership (normally $324 – 70% Discount)
- $17 per month membership (normally $27 per month – 37% discount)
- $162 for 1 year membership (normally $324 – 50% Discount)
- Attend live, interactive weekly streaming fitness classes with unlimited replays. Eliminate the need to pay for a gym!
- Watch live monthly healthy cooking demonstrations (with unlimited replays) to discover how to cook quick-prep (<30 minutes) and delicious meals for you and your family.
- Discover cutting edge wellness strategies from monthly interviews with experts in the wellness field.
- Avoid grocery store trips and save time with meal planning software that generates shopping lists and enables home delivery based on our ever-growing catalog (10 new recipes per month) of delicious family-friendly recipes.
- Unlimited Q&A and support from Lisa Shanken, Certified Health Coach, Certified Personal Trainer and Healthy Cooking Instructor.
- Participate in a private members-only forum to connect with like-minded individuals, find accountability partners, share experiences, and feel supported on your wellness journey.
- As a bonus, get free access to our Kill The Diet 10 Day Weight Loss Challenge (regularly priced at $47.00), which includes a 10 day meal plan, fitness regimen, and daily “surprise” challenges to kick off your permanent weight loss journey and help you eliminate “dieting” forever!